My Grandma

My Grandma is a very kind, gentle lady. She has been through a lot during her life. One of my favorite stories of her was the time I brought my soon to be husband to meet her and my Grandpa. As we walked on her porch we stopped dead in our tracks. There through the door window we saw her standing there taking a "Mrs Smith's" Pie out of the metal packaging and putting it into a glass pie plate. It has become an "Old Family Recipe" for me.
Sadness. During her life she has had a few sad days. She is a child of the depression. She remembers only having one slice of bread in her home and her Mother cutting it in 3 peaces to share with her three children. I think that moment is one of those that shape who you become.
Her children's lives had hard times too. As adults there were times in their marriages where they needed a place to live and Grandma opened her home to them. I remember living with my grandma 4 different times before I married.
Kindness. To pin point one time that shows my Grandmothers kindness is very hard. Grandma's life is one of kindness. Like the time when she knew I needed a little help so she sent me home with a box of frozen Turkey. The times she donated things from her home to help a church bazaar. The time she made each of her 7 children scrapbooks three inches thick. The times that meant the most is the time she shared her talents, love, gentle spirit, and there are truly to many to share.
1 comment:
She is beautiful. I think a life of kindness shows up on an elderly womans face. I think a life of being mad shows as well
How do we want to look in our wrinkles? Me, like that beautiful photo of your grandma, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment