Snow in Wyoming
Yesterday I had to go to Casper for a doctors visit. I knew I might hit snow in Casper but never did I realize I would hit snow on the way home.
Those that know me, know driving my Hubbies truck is my favorite past time (sure). So Yeasterday about 2pm I hit snow. It wasn't bad at first but then the wind picked up. There were times I couldn't see the bug guard on the truck. Then I felt like it was time to stop so I did just when I did I saw an accident a few trucks in front of me. So we then sat there for two hours.
After we were able to move again I stopped at the rest area a half a mile ahead of were I stopped and was told that the Hwy had been closed to Riverton.
I found this on the Casper Star Tribune web site.
"In another incident, WYDOT officials closed a 22-mile stretch of Highway 789 between Riverton and Shoshoni for a while Monday afternoon following a crash involving four-tractor trailers and four other vehicles.
Townsend said troopers reported near-whiteout conditions due to snow and blowing snow at the scene of the crash, about eight miles north of Riverton. Two people injured in the crash were transported by ambulance to Riverton Memorial Hospital."
I am so glad I was stuck for two hours. Once we started to go we were able to move. The fastest I went was about 25 mph. But the good thing is by the time we got to Shoshoni the roads where clear the sun was shining and I was able to get home.
On the way there it took my 3 hours on the way home 7 hour.
I know I was being protected. I am grateful for it.
PS
Here is a picture of what it looked like this morning
2 comments:
glad you made it home safely
Yikes! Those Wyoming storms are legendary here.
Post a Comment